- Pay revision with effect from January 1, 2006.
- Arrears to be paid in two installments -- 40 per cent this fiscal and 60 per cent in the next financial year, said Information and Broadcasting Minister P R Dasmunsi.
- Minimum entry level pay raised to Rs 7,000 from Rs 6,660 per month recommended by the Commission.
- Financial implication of Pay Commission on General Budget would be Rs 15,700 crore (Rs 157 billion) and Rs 6400 crore (Rs 64 billion) on the Railway Budget in 2008-09.
- Average increase in pay is 21 per cent, said expenditure secretary Sushma Nath.